Peace, Love, Aloha!
I can’t even believe its that time of year. and If you would have told me what I was going to be doing over the past few years – even I would not have believed you! I am getting ready to start my 4th season of Fundraising and training with Team in Training (TNT) and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are training for an Olympic Triathlon and raising money to fund assistance to Patients and research to beat cancer. Last Year I set out to beat my previous years record on the course – and also to really make a difference in fundraising. I set a goal to cross the $20,000 mark in fundrasing for LLS – and I am approaching that goal this season. With your Help – We can make it happen.
This year was another year where I lost several more friends to cancer. Almost no one I know has been untouched in someway by cancer. The latest visit home just showed me how many people I know have had to battle cancer in their lives.
This is my fourth time doing the Lavaman Race and the 20th Anniversary of the race itself. I am part of a team “ Love , Peace, Aloha!” this season that my good friend and Teammate put together. We are Trying to carry on the great tradition we have started in raising money to fight Cancer and Leukemia. I invite you to join in and help us on this mission.
Because of the continued support of people like you in fiscal year 2013 LLS was able to:
- Invest $74 million in research, which includes funding for 122 new grants to researchers in academic institutions and $14 million in contracts through the LLS Therapy Acceleration Program
- support 328 research projects (and 26 TAP partnerships) in the United States, Canada and 7 other countries
- provide financial assistance to patients
- sponsor scientific conferences around the country
- produce educational materials and videos
- run dozens of Family Support Groups nationwide
I hope you will join with me in this cause – Any amount will help. I’m going to keep you updated with how the season is going – just check back here.